Approximately 10 million adults have attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Many people struggle with ADHD in Davie, FL.
Living with ADHD, you may experience trouble paying attention, controlling impulsive behaviors, and being overly active.
ADHD may also be associated with depression, mood or conduct disorders and substance abuse. Signs of ADHD often vary in each person.
If you find yourself struggling with ADHD, ADHD treatment in Davie, FL can be a good fit.
ADHD is one of the most commonly diagnosed neurodevelopmental disorder seen in children. However, this diagnosis does not often stay only in our childhood. ADHD is a chronic condition that stays with us throughout our lifetime.
There are three different types of ADHD, depending on which types of symptoms are strongest in the individual:
- Predominantly Inattentive Presentation: It is hard for the individual to organize or finish a task, to pay attention to details, or to follow instructions or conversations. The person is easily distracted or forgets details of daily routines.
- Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive Presentation: The person fidgets and talks a lot, feels restless and may have trouble with impulsivity. Someone who is impulsive may interrupt others a lot, grab things from people, speak at inappropriate times, or have a difficult time waiting their turn or listen to directions.
- Combined Presentation: Symptoms of the above two types are equally present in the person.
In addition to the benefits of therapy, adults with ADHD who start ADHD treatment can gain social support. And, better coping skills by talking with family, friends, and colleagues about their diagnosis. If the people in their lives are aware of their diagnosis, they will better understand their behavior. Counseling for families and couples can help any relationship problems and teach everyone involved with ADHD counseling. Through ADHD treatment in Davie, FL, we find that we are able to aid our clients with the tools to take control of their symptoms.
Take Control of Your Life with ADHD Counseling in Davie, FL
You don’t have to live with feelings of failure, unworthiness, or depression due to your ADHD. Working with an ADHD therapist in Davie, FL can help.
ADHD counseling in Davie, FL can help you better understand, cope, and manage emotions and memories associated with ADHD symptoms.
Our Davie, FL counseling clinic has trained and caring ADHD therapists who specialize in ADHD counseling. To start ADHD treatment in Davie, FL, follow these simple steps:
1. Click "Request Appointment" below so we can better understand how we can help.
2. Meet with one of our ADHD therapists.
3. Start creating a better life for yourself!