WHAT IS DEPRESSION?
wHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., inability to sit still, pacing, hand-wringing) or slowed movements or speech (these actions must be severe enough to be observable by others)
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
HOW CAN DEPRESSION COUNSELING HELP?
Depression counseling in Davie, FL can help you begin pulling back the layers that have brought depression into your life. If you're feeling stuck or are in despair, working with a depression counselor can help you look at the issues you are facing from a new perspective. And, develop better coping and problem-solving skills. At CMC Therapy, all of our depression counselors have spent years learning and training to best understand how to help you manage depression better. Living with depression hurts. Living with depression is exhausting. It may feel difficult getting started. But, it's the best thing to do for yourself. Get started on your journey back to happiness, let us help.
What depression feels like?
There are many different types of depression. Events in your life cause some. And, chemical changes in your brain cause others. Some of the more common symptoms of depression are:
- Loss of interest or pleasure in your activities
- Weight loss or gain
- Trouble getting to sleep or feeling sleepy during the day
- Feelings restless and agitated, or else very sluggish and slowed down physically or mentally
- Being tired and without energy
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of suicide
- Change in your appetite (not eating enough or overeating)
- Lack of energy, or fatigue
- Low self-esteem
- Feeling hopeless
Depression can affect anyone. What next?
Admitting you are struggling with depression can be intimidating. So often we fear the judgment of others. And, what they will think of us if we admit we have depression and need help. The truth is depression can affect anyone. No matter your gender, race, culture, or ethnicity, depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel. It also impacts the way you think and how you act. If you fear you are struggling with depression, it is best to seek help from a depression counselor.
While food and exercise can help those affected with depression, it isn't always the cure-all. It's important to make sure you are drinking enough water, eating nutritious foods, and exercising consistently. These things can absolutely minimize the effects of depression. But, sometimes those actions alone are not enough.
Working with a Depression Counselor in Davie, FL Can Give You The Resources
Speaking with a depression counselor can help you learn different skills to further work on the relationship you have with yourself and your life. Depression counseling can also help address the type of depression that's disrupting your day-to-day. And, provide a variety of treatment options at whatever level you need. One thing is for sure, and that is: you don't need to suffer alone. Working with a depression counselor in Davie, FL can help you navigate your feelings of depression so you can begin your journey back to you.
You don't have to live at the mercy of depression and the symptoms and consequences it produces in your life.
Depression counseling in Davie, FL can help you better understand, cope, and manage emotions associated with depressive and overwhelmingly sad feelings.
Our Davie, FL counseling clinic has trained and caring depression counselors who specialize in depression counseling. To start your counseling journey, follow these simple steps:
1. Click "Request Appointment" below so we can better understand how we can help.
2. Meet with one of our depression counselors.
3. Start healing and creating a better life for yourself.